Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quarterly Report


I vowed to never produce another Powerpoint presentation once I had retired. Like so many of the things I said I would and would not do once I retired, this is another now resting firmly in the scrapheap.

The simple fact is that for 18 years I communicated with my colleagues here in Oz, my bosses in the US and with our customers using Powerpoint slides. I once considered using it with Linda, but she wasn't willing to sit through the slideshow.

Anyhow, my chances of not wanting to use it once more were about as strong as the likelihood that a passenger plane could land safely in the Hudson River. Well, OK, even less likely than that.

So without further preface, I present the first quarter report of Retirement Year 2009. Please note the retirement year runs from October through June, which makes absolutely no sense. But then those dates made no sense when they were for the company's fiscal year, either.

I am experimenting with saving the presentation as a video and hope it works OK here. It's tough to know how long to keep the slides up since I know what they say and therefore read them faster than anyone else. If it changes too fast, I think you can just hit the || symbol to pause it and the > to start it again as with any CD or video player. If it's going too slow, I don't think there's much you can do except congratulate yourself on being a fast reader.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Powerpoint. You are getting very creative. Any time you mention not having things to blog about, I get nervous. This is still one of my favorite things to do on a daily basis.