Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Belly of the Wail

A bit out of action the last two days as a tummy bug reminds me that when a bug gets inside my tummy it has ample opportunity to range free and wide and do what it will. Kind of a virus's version of "Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam."

I hate the state I am in. I only feel mild discomfort most of the time and severe belly aches once in a while, but I am otherwise not feeling that sick. Just very tired. Except for the times when I suddenly feel fine and start doing something and then become very, very tired.

So LK has been doing the donkey's share of the de-cluttering project for the last two days, while I have de-cluttered my insides. Fortunately I have not needed to bow down to the porcelain god. But that's not to say I don't show respect, and in fact have been visiting its room and meditating many times each day.

If you think this is veering toward the distinctly unpleasant, pity poor Linda who has been living at ground zero. I am sure she was most appreciative when I woke her from a deep sleep at 4am as I made yet another mad dash to the loo.

So I will steer this post to the finish line by sharing some questions that hit me during one of my moments of tranquility. Why do Americans spell it "diarrhea" and Australians "diarrhoea"? And, if you look at the Aussie spelling, are there any other English words with a silent H-O combination?

I guess you could say that I've been spending far too much time in the littlest room.

No comments: