Sunday, August 10, 2008

T - 50: Staying Up Is Hard to Do

It has been just about two months since I turned 60. But today I am much more aware that is only 238 months until I turn 80.

We had a dinner party last night with great friends. The last taxi left at 1:30am and we were in bed by 2. That didn't used to seem late to me, but boy does it seem late now.

Staying up late was one of the great joys of my youth. That was when things happened, when the world got to be a lot more fun. Now I know it really meant that late at night was when the old farts were sleeping.

Tired doesn't begin to describe how I felt today. Well, actually it does, but it's not all. Add in achy and grumpy and just about any of the other 7 dwarves.

It didn't help that I had to do a squillion dishes and a bazillion wine glasses. But if you've read other posts, you would know that this is my forte and I can hardly complain.

No, the problem is pure and simple. I am getting older and what used to be fun just ain't anymore.

Oh well. It's 8 o'clock at night. I am tired and cranky and don't feel like writing anymore. So goodnight.

No comments: