Saturday, August 30, 2008

T - 32: Live from Sydney. It's Saturday Night!

I wish Linda's sister, Sandy, hadn't called last night. I was happy to talk to her, especially when she told me she read this blog first thing every morning. But later she told Linda that she really hated it that I haven't been posting on weekends. I wish she hadn't said that.

I mean, how can I refuse requests from the audience - especially when you can count them all on both hands? So here I am on Saturday getting ready to blog away. But before I got to the topics at hand, I got an e-mail from my friend Andy who read all my posts from the beginning this week (and then had the nerve to tell me I must have a lot of time on my hands!!!)

Andy commented on what he called my "verbosatility", which I took to mean that I was basically putting the blah-blah-blah in blogging.

So my challenge today is to do a post for Sandy while limiting my verbosatility for Andy. I have decided that I may just do a few bullet points of a few random things I noted this week that didn't have quite enough meat to fill out as full-blown posts:

1) I noticed that when Linda is sorting clothes for the wash, she segregates her underwear from mine. I can understand why she wouldn't even want to go near my underwear, but I am surprised she thinks my underpants may do harm to hers before they get washed.

2) Davy read the blog and noted that the ad running under the clocks was for caskets. I then looked through the rest of the ads they run and saw that they were for estate planning, wills, family counseling and searching for your surname. I think Google is making some assumptions about me.

3) Went to Lily's school play Thursday night. A tedious and otherwise uninspired production was briefly brought to life when a radiant young girl in a blue dress spoke the immortal line to the Lost Boys, "You're acting like bullies!" A star was born that night.

4) Watched Obama's acceptance speech Friday (our time). As someone who used to give speeches competitively (hmmm, there's a sport that even the Olympics rejected), I am in awe of his skills as an orator. Can't say more or my father will stop reading my blog and my audience will shrink by 10%.

5) Andy used the word "verbosatility". Yet I knew what he meant.

2 comments:

Sandy Dyer-Wigg said...

Don, What a pleasant surprise. I love it!! Thanks, Love to you and Linda, Sandy

Anonymous said...

You caught me offguard ... wasnt expecting another chapter to read on the weekend .. but at least it was snappy and concise :)
By the way .. your 'world clock' isnt very 'worldly' (couldnt think of anything else to complain about).
Andy