Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Manly Man


That's Ian. He's the company's photographer. I call him Picture Boy. He calls me Boss Man.
Actually, he used to called me Boss Man. But now there's a new boss in his life. I know it was my choice to leave, but it wasn't easy the first time I heard Ian call Davy "Boss". Ah well, now that I have started this in motion, things are bound to change and I need to get used to it.

Ian was quite annoyed with me and let me know it last night. "You rabbit on in your blog about the bloody Boston Red Sox," he told me last night, "but not one word about Manly." Ian, you see, is a rabid supporter of the Manly Sea Eagles, and when they became rugby league champions last week he thought I should write about it here.

It hadn't occurred to me to write about the game, but when he talked to me I figured I could crank out a short piece, Then I heard Ian call Davy "Boss", and the deal was sealed. There is no way I am writing about them now. And I am going out this weekend looking for someone new in my life whom I can call Picture Boy.

But it probably won't be so easy now that I am no longer the Boss Man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

people need to know that the score was Manly 40-0 Melbourne, lets just say that again 40-0

will Ex boss man do

regards picture boy