Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Arms and the Girl



This is just a quick post to report on Lily.

That's our Lil with her broken arm. As the pictures show, she isn't all that bothered by it now, but Rachael says she was quite tired and uncomfortable Sunday and Monday.

She had stayed overnight on Saturday at her friend's house, and they were on the trampoline Sunday morning when the accident happens. Lily is one of those kids who shows no fear - and often no caution - so I wasn't surprised when I asked her how she broke her arm and she said, "Bampy, I jumped too high."

If this had happened to me, my answer would have been because I fell over, so I am glad she has my love but not my DNA.

Anyhow, the break is near her elbow and the good news is it did not require wires to get the bones back in alignment. She's wearing this heavy cast this week because the doctor wants to really limit the arm's movement. She also is getting the week off from school to keep her activity level down.

Next Monday, though, Lil moves to a lightweight - and pink - cast, and the very thought of returning to school with a fashionable cast makes her happy indeed. And to top it off, she will be able to show the kids the Bravery Award the hospital gave her. It should be a great return.

Lil came over today for a couple of hours and we played cards. For the umpteenth time, she didn't lose a single game. When I asked her to let me win one game, she smiled a little smile that will destroy some guy in about 15 years, and said, "I don't think so, Bampy. I like to win every time."

I just hoping this experience may teach her to do that without jumping too high.

No comments: