Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birth of a Notion

You can look at this one of two ways:

Either I am becoming a complete geek.

Or I am using my retirement to get "with it" - adapting to the 21st Century by embracing new media.

OK, I know the answer is A. But I am so impressed with my newfound techie skills that I am beginning to think I should be called Don 2.1.

About six weeks ago I had my first Facebook chat buddy - Megan - while I was in the US. Now Sandy and I regularly type to one another. Although I still don't understand why people don't just use Skype.

And now (fanfare, please) I have made my first web site. I did it so we could share more of the pictures from our trip, and the first part I have put up is of our US road trip. If anyone wants to check it out here's the link to what I am calling Across the Great Divide.

Anyhow, I spent way too much time putting the site together, so a short post today and a promise that there will be BIG NEWS next time.

No comments: