Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hitting the Bull's Eye

This is a quick, special Sunday post to share with you my friend Robert's suggested improvements of my target shirt in the earlier post.

Robert's the guy with the great inventive skills whom I met on our recent cruise. You last saw him here with about four gin and tonics on the table in front of him.

He has now re-worked my proposed food stain t-shirt design to the one you see here, and added this note in an e-mail:

How about your top 10 list on this shirt vs your target shirt. expressly designed for pub crawlers.
10) More areas to keep score.
9) Smaller scoring areas for smaller people.
8)
7)
6)
5)
4)
3) When the dart board is missing you can use the old shirt with stains the on it.
2) Using the old shirt you can get double points if you hit a stain spot.
1) When you encounter a wind bag on the bar stool next to you you know a bulls eye
will let the hot air out.
I will let you fill in your best ideas.

OK, Robert. I'll bite.

#8. With that design, no one is going to pay any attention to whatever mess I make of the shirt.

#7. The black outer circle is actually quite slimming.

#6. With all those pointers, it will be easier to find my navel.

#5. If I stand quietly against the wall of the pub, no one will notice me.

#4. By having the double and triple 20 closest to my mouth, I am likely to have very high scoring rounds.

But of course, there's one fairly strong reason that your design won't work, Robert.

Top One Reason the Other Shirt Is Better

#1. When I wear this design, people are liable to throw darts at me.

But of course, there are some people who won't see that as a good enough reason. Anyhow, thanks for the thought, Robert. Have a G&T on me.

No comments: