Thursday, December 25, 2008

Season's Greetings



(To play this video, click on the Play Arrow.)
___________________________________

There is one thing in this world of which I am certain. And that is that I can make my sister-in-law Sandy cry.

At least 5% of my blog posts get a message from her saying they brought a tear to her eye. At first I assumed that was her none too subtle way of telling me I am one bad writer. But then I recalled the times I had seen her cry - lots of them. Sandy is one of those wonderful people who has a direct connection between her heart and her tear ducts, and when she is moved, more often than not she cries. Tears of joy, I guess they're called.

I saw her cry the first time I joined the family for Christmas in Rochester one year. I saw her cry when they visited us out here. I saw her cry in Boston - oh wait, that had more to do with the martinis we drank the night before. But you get the idea.

She has a heart as big as Texas, and sometimes she just needs to get whatever is inside outside. Tears work as well as anything else.

So what's this got to do with the short video above. Well, Linda said be sure to put that video on your blog. I am positive it will make Sandy cry.

That, plus the fact that we are half a world away today but send our love to Sandy, Dave, Jordan, Chris, Peg, Norma, Red, Tom and Ben and all the others we do not see enough of. As Lil says, "Merry Christmas from Australia."

No comments: