Sunday, April 5, 2009

Loose Ends Wrapped Up


OK, Mr Meatloaf, I know that two out of three ain't bad. But what about one out of three?

This post started out as a weekend wrapup, but the results are not all that impressive.

Let me give you the good news first. As you can see from the picture, we now have a litter box in our bathroom. And if you look carefully, you can see that Streak has left her marks in the tray.

I am so relieved. Thank God, the cat is willing to start using the litter box. The alternative, with the cork and the cross-stitch, was not something I was looking forward to.

So, you say, you have a win there, so why are you lamenting that you only had one out of three?

Bear with me. Saturday night for the past 10 or 11 weeks has been the night we watched Groomer Has It with our favorite contestant, Jorge. Even though Jorge was eliminated in third, we were ready to watch the final between Jonathan and Artist.

Only this is Australia. And after showing every episode for the past three or four months, the stupid network forgot to show the finale. So on Saturday, we had to go to the Internet to see who won, rather than the full show. It is great that the Internet today lets us catch up, but I have to tell you. I read some blogs about the show and there are small countries in Africa that have seen the final episode, but our bozos forgot to put it to air.

OK, it's even. One good, one bad. What could make it two out of three in the negative? Well, let's just say that I decided Sunday was as good a day as any to tackle fixing the toaster. On Saturday I had gone into the drawer where we keep our most important records and lo and behold there was a pair of needlenose pliers. (Well, where would you keep them?)

Wow, I thought, these are what I need to loosen the nuts on the toaster! Problem solved.

So I took the toaster out on the deck, removed the bottom and then pulled out the needlenose pliers to remove the small nuts. I got a good grip on one of them and started turning sharply. That's when I realized my finger was actually inside the pliers and I was giving myself one godalmighty blood blister. In fact, you can see it in the picture of the litter box at the top.

Funny thing is, the nuts didn't budge.

So, let's just all agree. I am not going to fix the toaster because I am in physical danger if I try to.
There's nothing wrong with one-side-soft toast. And I will never again write about fixing the toaster.

So the weekend ends a little down. But we are starting to plan our big trip. so there's lots more good stuff than bad coming down. First of all, you will never have to read another post about the toaster. And tomorrow - the Road Trip!

No comments: